We have an exciting opportunity within our Outpatients team, at Parkside Hospital Wimbledon, for a Pre Assessment Manager. You will work alongside the Outpatients manager managing staff and resources of pre-assessment to pride a high quality and cost effective service.
- Always maintain a professional behaviour and promote a positive image
- To demonstrate clinical expertise in practice for at least 80% of time in own clinical area.
- To undertake all nursing procedures in accordance with Aspen policies and ensure that these procedures and policies are understood and adhered to by all staff, within own management responsibility.
- To actively participate in the development of relevant evidence based clinical guidelines/policies relating to speciality.
- To establish effective working relations with all members of the multi-disciplinary team to promote good communication and a multi-disciplinary approach to patient care.
- To ensure accurate and comprehensive nursing records are maintained using appropriate written and electronic documentation.
- To ensure that pre assessment information is appropriately handled as per pre assessment guidelines.
- To assist in collecting data and provide essential information in a timely and accurate manner when requested for e.g. audits or monitoring CQC standard.
- To be responsible for the day-to-day effective and efficient management of Pre assessment.
- To be responsible for activity planning and scheduling duty rotas, annual leave, study leave, monitoring absences and the use of Bank staff.
- To liaise with other hospital staff and departments to promote and maintain effective working relationships, ensuring high standards of care and service.
- To aid investigation of accidents, incidents, and complaints, implementing corrective actions where necessary, in consultation with the DONCS, Lead Nurse for Surgery and Quality and Risk Manager.
- Registered nurse
- ENB 998 or equivalent
- ENB 219 or equivalent in area of expertise.
- Clinical reasoning in physical assessment or equivalent POA training
- Expert specialist skills for the post.
- Knowledge of current advances and pathways of care relevant to Pre assessment
- To be aware of changes in NICE guidelines and their impact on pre assessment.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to negotiate and influence.
Competitive salary and benefits package that includes access to private healthcare cover after 1 years’ service and also a range of lifestyle and financial well-being benefits.
One of Aspen Healthcare’s values is “Investing in Excellence”. You can therefore expect us to develop your skills whilst working with us to deliver word-class healthcare.