A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Radiographer to join our Radiology team at Parkside Private Hospital, Wimbledon.
- On a day to day basis, to be able to apply organisational and planning skills in the allocating and re-allocating of time and resources to meet rapidly changing operational and clinical requirements.
- In addition to being responsible for his/her own professional actions, the post holder must be able to work unsupervised as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- As required, to supervise the work of other qualified staff, students and support workers performing duties within areas of the Department.
- To assist the administrative team in the course of their work and via liaison with secretarial staff, maximise patient throughput via the appointments system.
- Ensure untoward incidents, technical and equipment problems are reported.
- To have specialist knowledge of all radiographic specific procedures and practises.
- Maintain equipment and waiting area to highest standards.
- To communicate in a concise and appropriate manner, complex information regarding radiology procedures to other hospital staff, patients and relatives.
- Liaise with Radiologists and key referrers to ensure smooth, efficient service to patients and customers.
- To be able to provide reassurance and overcome patient concerns and barriers to understanding in order to obtain the level of co-operation required to achieve a successful outcome to radiology procedures.
- To work and communicate efficiently with other members of staff throughout the hospital and beyond to assist in the provision of an efficient radiology service.
- Under the overall supervision of the Head of Radiology and Lead Radiographers, to work as a member of the radiology imaging team to provide an efficient, high quality radiographic service.
(Please see below for full job description)
- BSc(Hons) Radiography, DCR(D) Diploma of the College of Radiographers or equivalent
- HCPC registration
- Minimum of 2 years post-qualification experience.
- Experience of working unsupervised.
- Mammography experience