Parkside Hospital Wimbledon are looking to grow our Physiotherapy team. If you are an enthusiastic Senior MSK Physiotherapist, read on.
• To provide a high standard of physiotherapy assessment, treatment and advice to patients.
• To provide the highest standards of customer care at all times
• To communicate effectively and in a timely manner with nursing staff, Doctors, Allied health professionals and outside agencies, to ensure that excellent patient care is delivered to all patients.
• To keep the Physiotherapy Manager informed of any changes of work pattern within the hospital.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• To undertake specialised assessment and treatment of patients as an autonomous practitioner.
• Use clinical reasoning skills and knowledge of evidence based practice to determine and manage an appropriate treatment plan.
• To maintain a high standard of clinical records and provide written progress and discharge reports for medical colleagues, as required.
• To liaise with other departments to ensure a unified approach to patient care.
• To use specialist knowledge to refer to other health disciplines as appropriate.
• To clearly communicate with the outpatient physiotherapy department to make patient appointments for hydrotherapy and outpatient physiotherapy as required.
• To maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
• To participate in the on-call rota.
• To provide a detailed handover of current patient status and any planned treatment to on-call and weekend physiotherapy staff.
• To participate in hydrotherapy treatment sessions (only if a hydrotherapy qualification has been awarded)
• To participate in the staff rota for in-patient treatment at weekends and bank holidays.
• To participate in the in-service teaching regimes and staff development programmes.
• To maintain a CPD portfolio reflecting your personal professional development.
• To record all patient contacts on the days in patient charge sheet.
• To ensure that all equipment provided for patients is recorded and the inpatient charge sheet completed and sent to in patient accounts on the day of equipment being issued.
• To keep the physiotherapy manager informed of any changes in work patterns.
• To individually market and promote the Department within the Hospital and the local community.
• To participate in any public/PR events promoting the Department.