Aspen Healthcare, is one of the leading private hospitals in South-West London. We opened in 1983 and are located opposite Wimbledon Common. Our hospital is easily accessible from Central London and the surrounding areas.
We are recruiting for a Senior Staff Nurse - HDU to join our team at Parkside Private Hospital, Wimbledon. We are committed to excellence and the highest quality standards of patient care.
Aspen won Gold at the 2021 UK Employee Experience Awards (UKEXA) in the ‘Health and Wellbeing of Employees’ category and Bronze award in the ‘Best Place to Work’ .
“Individually different. Together better.”
- Ensure that the highest standard of personalised nursing care is delivered to patients and their families in partnership with all members of the multi-disciplinary team.
- In conjunction with the HDU Lead, the post holder will lead on clinically led education and help in the development of education plans for the unit.
- Ensure safe and effective clinical practice
- To be involved in, and responsible for, the continuing professional development and overall performance of junior staff and student nurses
- Work clinically with junior staff and students and to be responsible for the continuing professional development and overall performance of junior staff and student nurses.
- The post holder is expected to carry out all relevant forms of care with provisions of preceptorship/mentorship
- Manage and develop the clinical development of students and registered staff in discussion with the HDU Lead
- Deputise for the HDU Lead
- Contribute to the delivery of the organisations objectives
- To participate in local and hospital audit
- The post holder will work under the supervision of the HDU Lead in monitoring and maintaining excellent standards of nursing care and staff development, as part of the HDU team.
- To be flexible in the approach to the clinical area and provide cover for other areas appropriate to professional competencies. Including working on the wards/DCU as necessary.
- Under the supervision of the HDU Lead, develop and implement evidenced based care ensuring all staff are working towards seamless high quality care in accordance with Parkside Hospital Policy.
- Responsible for the orientation of all new nursing staff to HDU, in conjunction with the HDU Lead and other senior staff.
- Set, monitor and maintain agreed standards of nursing care in conjunction with other members of HDU ensuring that all nursing procedures are successfully carried out.
- Take responsibility for the assessment of care needs, the development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care.
- Maintain up-to-date nursing records, ensuring that confidentiality is respected.
- Maximise all opportunities to promote health promotion.
- Use reflective practice as a method of ensuring that appropriate effective nursing care is delivered to each patient.
- As directed by the HDU Lead, promote, support, implement and evaluate innovations within High Dependency Care that will impact on care delivery within the unit.
In return we offer:
- FREE access to Nuffield Health Fitness & Wellbeing Gym
- In-house “Investing In You” training program
- Company funded Practical Health Plan
- Medical cover
- Access to a free 24/7 Online GP Service
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Retail, leisure and holiday discounts
- Annual leave entitlement that increases with service
- Career development opportunities
- Support for continuing professional development
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee ‘Refer a friend’ scheme
If this sounds like your next career move apply online for an immediate interview and visit our website for more details on www.aspencareers.co.uk.
Due to the large number of applicants that we receive if you have not been contacted within 14 days of your application please assume that you have been unsuccessful.