Are you a registered Staff Nurse with experience working in surgical wards, looking for an encouraging, supporting environment to work? This is just the right job for you!
To provide high standards of nursing care, whilst ensuring patient safety at all times. To be responsible for the day-to-day supervision of the department in the absence of the Senior Sister. To ensure that a high quality, cost effective service is delivered.
- To ensure that the highest standard of evidence-based nursing care is delivered to all patients and their families.
- To act as patient advocate, ensuring privacy, dignity and confidentiality are met.
- To report any issues that are identified by patients or their relatives on a timely basis.
- To ensure that all provision of nursing care is documented on a timely basis and accurately reflects the patient experience
- To ensure that individual consultant care protocols are followed.
- To ensure a high standard of infection control and the prevention of all avoidable healthcare associated infections.
- To administer all drugs and medications as per the local policies and procedures.
- To report to the senior nurses any nursing issues of significance or concern.
- To ensure that all policies, procedures, guidelines and work instructions that relate to nursing are followed.
- To maintain sound and effective working relationships and communication with all hospital staff and consultants.
- To maintain an appropriate standard of confidentiality. Any disclosures of confidential information (including personal information kept on computer or other media) made unlawfully outside the proper course of duty will be treated as a serious disciplinary offence.
We strive to attract and retain the best staff and to help you to grow with us; therefore we encourage and support continuing professional development. We offer competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package which includes:
- FREE access to Nuffield Health Fitness & Wellbeing Gym
- In-house “Investing In You” training program
- Company funded Practical Health Plan
- Medical cover
- Access to a free 24/7 Online GP Service
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Retail, leisure and holiday discounts
- Annual leave entitlement that increases with service
- Career development opportunities
- Support for continuing professional development
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee ‘Refer a friend’ scheme
If you want to be part of this fantastic team then APPLY NOW!!