Senior Theatre Practitioner – Anaesthetics
Full time: 37,5 hours
Location: Wimbledon, London
Parkside Private Hospital is one of the leading private hospitals in South-West London. We opened in 1983 and are located opposite Wimbledon Common. Our hospital is easily accessible from Central London and the surrounding areas.
We are recruiting for a Senior Theatre Practitioner to join our Team at Parkside Private Hospital, Wimbledon.
Parkside Hospital is part of Aspen Healthcare. We strive to be the leading provider of independent healthcare. We are committed to excellence and the highest quality standards of patient care.
Aspen won Gold at the 2021 UK Employee Experience Awards (UKEXA) in the ‘Health and Wellbeing of Employees’ category and Bronze award in the ‘Best Place to Work’
“Individually different. Together better.”
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead the team to deliver care that helps improve the health of the individual and wider community.
- Lead the team in demonstrating compassion through effective relationships based on empathy, respect and dignity.
- Demonstrate commitment to improving care and the patient experience.
- Lead in the delivery of patient care, during a list or specified period of time.
- Ensure that patient safety checks are carried out in accordance with the policy and that all practitioners adhere to the policy.
- Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self.
- Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
- Develop a strategy for peri-operative function and/or specialty service, including training and resource needs and implement an action plan to meet objectives.
- Ensure that consumables and specialist equipment is available in advance of booked procedures.
- Assemble, check and prepare the appropriate surgical equipment, instruments and consumables for a wide range of operative procedures.
- The ability to coordinate the use of the supplies and additional equipment during an operating list ensuring the equipment is used appropriately and safely.
- Conduct mandatory patient checks in accordance with policy, WHO Checklist and NPSA Five Steps to Surgical Safety.
- Monitor the patients’ conditions as relevant to role within peri-operative function taking appropriate action to manage any arising complications through contingency planning.
- Monitor, order, receive and check stock and non-stock items including prosthesis, equipment/instruments and drugs as relevant to peri-operative function.
- Delivery of quality care within the CQC standards relevant to the department.
- Administer any drugs or fluids in accordance with the appropriate policy.
- Ensure any accidents or complaints are fully documented and that the appropriate senior manager is informed.
- Commitment to ensuring quality services are delivered to both internal & external stakeholders through continuous improvement activities.
- Participate in hospital cover / on-call rota including week nights and weekend shifts.
- Manage complaints and issues of staff and consultants within the specialty, and report accordingly.
- Assemble, check and prepare the appropriate anesthetic equipment, emergency drugs and consumables for a wide range of operative procedures incorporating various types of anaesthesia.
- Conduct mandatory patient safety checks in conjunction with the team and according to policy, including ‘pause’ prior to administration of regional anesthesia.
- Assist the Anesthetist throughout the perioperative phase of care.
- Assist the Anaesthetist in monitoring the patient’s condition throughout the procedure, taking appropriate action to manage any arising complications through contingency planning.
- Lead and work as part of the operating team to provide safe quality care to the patient throughout the procedure.
- FREE access to Nuffield Health Fitness & Wellbeing Gym
- Retail, leisure and holiday discounts
- Company funded Practical Health Plan
- Medical cover
- Pension scheme
- In-house “Investing In You” training program
- Career development opportunities
- Support for continuing professional development
- Annual leave entitlement that increases with service
- Access to a free, 24/7, Online GP service
- Employee Assistance program
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee referral scheme
If this sounds like your next career move apply online for an immediate interview and visit our website for more details on www.aspencareers.co.uk.
Due to the large number of applicants that we receive if you have not been contacted within 14 days of your application please assume that you have been unsuccessful.