In our eight hospitals and clinics across the UK, we have many different administration and patient support roles. Dedicated teams work behind the scenes to help make our hospital services run smoothly and efficiently.
Here are some of the opportunities in administration and patient support services:
- Administration roles: Our administration staff give essential business support to clinical and non-clinical teams. You will enjoy a busy and varied workload at Aspen Healthcare. You may prepare important documents, update spreadsheets, arrange meetings, organise patient or employee records and liaise with a wide variety of people. As an administrator, you may also have direct contact with patients. For example, you may answer patients’ queries or help them to settle their invoices. You can help us to offer a caring and professional service.
- Receptionists: As a receptionist, you may be the first person that patients meet when they arrive at one of our hospitals or clinics. It is important to greet patients and other visitors in a courteous way and create a positive image of Aspen Healthcare. In particular, patients may feel nervous if they are coming for a medical procedure and you can help to put them at ease. You will also deal with enquiries by phone and email, book appointments and enter details into our web-based patient administration system, ‘APAS’. Our receptionists are a key point of contact between patients, consultants and staff.
- Catering roles: Serving fresh, healthy and nutritious meals is a central part of patient care. We employ catering managers, chefs and cooks to provide a high quality food and drink service for patients and staff. In 2020, 93% of patients rated their overall impression of our catering service as ‘good’, ‘very good’ or ‘excellent’. You will prepare appetising hot and cold foods and maintain strict hygiene standards. The food served in our hospitals must meet patients’ medical and cultural needs. For example, we cater for gluten-free, halal, kosher and vegetarian diets. You will contribute to patients’ wellbeing during their hospital stay. If you are a manager, you will plan appealing menus, control budgets and inspire your team to run a successful catering service.
- Housekeeping, domestic services and linen services roles: We rely on housekeeping, domestic services and linen services staff. They make our hospitals and clinics clean, safe and welcoming places. You will help us to maintain our exceptional record at preventing hospital-acquired infection, such as MRSA. During the coronavirus pandemic, it has never been more important to uphold cleanliness and hygiene standards. If you join our housekeeping or domestic services team, you will keep the hospital environment meticulously clean. You will follow our infection control policies and have a strong focus on patient safety and customer service. If you join our linen services team, you will make sure that hospital departments have clean uniform for staff and bedding for patients. Linen needs to be cleaned correctly to prevent the spread of infection and you will be a vital part of running our hospitals.
- Porters: Our porters play a crucial role in delivering goods and supplies where they are needed in the hospital. You may also transport patients around the hospital departments on trolleys or in wheelchairs. It is essential to ensure patients’ safety at all times and respect their dignity, privacy and wishes. As a porter, you will have a range of duties. Depending on where you work in the hospital, you may transfer patients, blood samples, stores and equipment, parcels, linen, waste, gas cylinders or food trolleys. You may also maintain storerooms in good order, check equipment or assist with security, cleaning and administration.
- Administration and patient support staff ensure that our hospitals offer an efficient service and a safe, welcoming environment. We want to recruit hardworking, organised individuals. Other required skills depend on the specific role: We look for administrators with good literacy, numeracy and IT skills. You need to work well both independently and in a busy team. If you work on reception or provide patient support services, you will be motivated to make people’s hospital visits more pleasant. You will work with clinical and non-clinical staff and may deal with patients who are anxious before an operation. It helps to have a friendly, reassuring manner. You should also be safety conscious and eager to learn.
What we offer
Whether you join us in an administration or patient support role, you will be a valued member of our team. We can offer you a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
At Aspen Healthcare, we invest in your learning. You will complete training on core topics relevant to your role. These include infection prevention and control, coronavirus awareness, display screen equipment and moving and handling. We also run many other training workshops to help you advance your IT knowledge and develop customer service and leadership skills.
There are opportunities to work towards more qualifications and progress into other roles, such as a team leader or manager. Some administration and patient support staff move into more specialised IT, finance or healthcare roles.
‘’I am a Patient Services Administrator on the main reception at Claremont Private Hospital. I have worked at Claremont for three years and love my job.
A typical day starts with the early morning admissions. I greet patients as they arrive and guide them to the lift for the wards. This is always an important duty because some patients are coming in for lengthy and complex operations. They are often anxious and I try to be friendly, warm and helpful during this uncertain time for them. At…’Craig Short
‘I have worked at Parkside Private Hospital for over six years. I really enjoy my role as a Housekeeper. I work to maintain cleanliness and a germ-free environment at the hospital. There is a lot of cleaning to do, which I enjoy.
The recent Covid-19 pandemic has made it even more vital to be rigorous in cleaning protocols. Since the pandemic, we have worked harder as a team to ensure that all our facilities are clean and safe for both patients and staff. It is a real honour to have such an…’Johariel Peniano
‘’I started working at Parkside Private Hospital and Cancer Centre London in December 2015. I am responsible for the catering at both hospitals. My role as the Food and Beverage Manager is varied, fun and fulfilling.
I begin each day at 7.00 a.m. checking the patient admissions list at Parkside. I make sure that catering staff are allocated to each hospital floor and that chefs and kitchen porters are on duty. I also identify any equipment that may need maintenance.’Lili Paiu
We are seeking an experienced Business development manager to support
the Hospital /Development Director in developing, planning and delivery of the hospital and cancer centre’s business development strategies to increase sales and...
We are looking for a conscientious nurse with a minimum of 3 years Ward experience to join our developing team in Pre Assessment.
The successful applicant will have sound clinical knowledge of pre and post operative surgical care. You...
The Edinburgh Clinic are looking for an HR Advisor to join the team working 30 hours per week. The contract will be fixed term for 12 months.
1. JOB PURPOSE:
The post holder will be responsible for the onsite provision...
6 Month FTC
We are seeking a results driven recruiter to join our HR Team at Parkside Hospital and Cancer Centre London. As Senior Recruiter you will deliver a proactive, efficient, progressive, innovative and...
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Radiographer to join our Radiology team at Parkside Private Hospital, Wimbledon.
- On a day to day basis, to be able to apply organisational and...
We are looking for a theatre porter to work alongside the theatre team offering them sound support in a fast moving clinical environment.
The role of a theatre porter is both varied and physical you will;
- Collect and return...
A fantastic opportunity for a Healthcare Assistant to join the team at Cancer Centre London.
The post-holder will be responsible for the delivery of high quality nursing care, integration within a multidisciplinary...
We are looking for an experienced and efficient administrator with excellent customer service skills.
You will manage all private patient related enquiries and bookings over the telephone, online/email and face to face from initial enquiry...