At Aspen Healthcare, our clinical and non-clinical managers motivate teams of staff to deliver patient-centred care.
Our Head Office is based in Aldgate, East London. We employ many different non-clinical professionals, who collaborate and exchange ideas. They provide business support, which enables our eight hospitals and clinics to operate effectively.
Here are details of our roles in hospital management:
- Clinical managers: Aspen Healthcare recruits managers from various backgrounds. We have opportunities for clinical managers, who are trained healthcare professionals.
You can become the head of a hospital department and ensure that our patients get the best quality treatment and care. Your duties may include setting priorities for your team, managing a budget and planning for future development. You may also be responsible for the clinical audit or governance process, which is aimed at improving health services.
- Non-clinical managers: We also have opportunities for non-clinical managers. You may have managerial experience in another sector, such as hospitality.
Depending on your specific role at Aspen Healthcare, you may set quality standards for services, purchase equipment or supplies, or organise repairs and maintenance. Our non-clinical managers motivate others, manage budgets and resources, and make sure that we continually improve patient services.
Here are some of the support roles at our Head Office:
- Marketing roles: Our marketing team helps to promote a favourable image of Aspen Healthcare with patients, the local community, staff and the media. You may update our websites and social media channels, write news stories, run health promotion campaigns or produce information for patients.
- Human Resources (HR) roles: Almost 1,700 members of staff work at Aspen Healthcare. HR Business Partners and assistants deal with all aspects of their employment. You will make sure that frontline clinical staff and everyone behind the scenes are fully supported.
As an HR professional, you may be responsible for recruiting the best job candidates and then helping them to thrive at work. For example, you may plan training programmes, support employees’ wellbeing and draft or update company employment policies. You will also assist managers across our sites with important workplace issues, such as promoting equality and diversity and keeping staff engaged.
- Finance roles: Finance professionals make sure that Aspen Healthcare’s funds and resources are allocated wisely for the benefit of patients and staff. You may deal with salaries and pensions in our payroll department, be responsible for accounts or purchase goods and services in a procurement role.
If you are a finance manager at Aspen Healthcare, you will manage budgets, interpret financial data and decide how money is spent. You may also carry out financial audits and prepare annual financial reports.
- Information Technology (IT) roles: Aspen Healthcare relies on skilled IT professionals to maintain and develop the information technology systems across our sites. Our staff use desktop computers, laptops, printers, mobile devices, network and email systems, and a web-based patient administration system called ‘APAS’.
We invest in new technology and support everyone who uses our IT systems. You will help clinical and non-clinical staff to resolve any computer problems and give technical assistance in projects. Other tasks may include setting up new IT and digital systems in hospitals, installing or maintaining computers, and developing service improvements.
Who we are looking for
Here are the key skills that we look for in job candidates:
Hospital management: The decisions that managers make determine how efficiently our hospitals and clinics are run. We want to recruit talented, dedicated individuals to join our hospital management team. You need to lead others and inspire them to create a positive patient experience.
Head Office: We recruit individuals with a wide range of skills at our Head Office:
- If you join our marketing team, you need outstanding communication skills and creativity.
- Our HR professionals are skilled at dealing with individuals at all levels and have detailed knowledge of employment issues.
- If you join our finance team, you need a high level of numeracy, commercial awareness and attention to detail.
- We look for IT professionals who are confident at giving technical support, have good customer service skills and can work through issues logically.
What we offer
Whether you join us as a manager or a non-clinical professional at Head Office, we welcome you into our team. We can offer you a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
At Aspen Healthcare, we invest in your learning. There are many workshops to help you develop your skills and leadership qualities. For example, we train you on our HR, IT and patient administration systems. We run a customer service workshop, four-day clinical leadership programme and other training sessions for non-clinical managers.
‘’I joined Parkside Private Hospital in 2005 as an Outpatient Sister and have been part of the Parkside family since then. My current role is Head of Outpatients and Quality and there are many different aspects to this job.
I give our multidisciplinary team daily updates on outpatient figures and report on patient safety statistics. We see over 8,000 outpatients every month at Parkside Private Hospital and so there is often a lot of data for me to report!
I am responsible for our quality…’Allison Bullivant
‘I have been the Public Relations (PR) and Content Marketing Manager at Aspen Healthcare since October 2019. My main role is to enhance the public profile of Aspen Healthcare’s eight hospitals and clinics across the UK. I also showcase our consultants’ expertise.
As the PR and Content Marketing Manager, I regularly share news stories with the general public and local, national or trade journalists. This helps to keep everyone engaged with what is happening at our hospitals.’Mehdi Juma
We are seeking an experienced Business development manager to support
the Hospital /Development Director in developing, planning and delivery of the hospital and cancer centre’s business development strategies to increase sales and...
We are looking for a conscientious nurse with a minimum of 3 years Ward experience to join our developing team in Pre Assessment.
The successful applicant will have sound clinical knowledge of pre and post operative surgical care. You...
The Edinburgh Clinic are looking for an HR Advisor to join the team working 30 hours per week. The contract will be fixed term for 12 months.
1. JOB PURPOSE:
The post holder will be responsible for the onsite provision...
6 Month FTC
We are seeking a results driven recruiter to join our HR Team at Parkside Hospital and Cancer Centre London. As Senior Recruiter you will deliver a proactive, efficient, progressive, innovative and...
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Radiographer to join our Radiology team at Parkside Private Hospital, Wimbledon.
- On a day to day basis, to be able to apply organisational and...
We are looking for a theatre porter to work alongside the theatre team offering them sound support in a fast moving clinical environment.
The role of a theatre porter is both varied and physical you will;
- Collect and return...
A fantastic opportunity for a Healthcare Assistant to join the team at Cancer Centre London.
The post-holder will be responsible for the delivery of high quality nursing care, integration within a multidisciplinary...
We are looking for an experienced and efficient administrator with excellent customer service skills.
You will manage all private patient related enquiries and bookings over the telephone, online/email and face to face from initial enquiry...