Full time 37.5 per week (Bank staff positions also available)
from £28K dependent on experience and skill set
- Manage the pre and post-operative care of a group of patients
- Working in the Outpatient department with the multi-disciplinary team, chaperoning and assisting with investigations/procedures.
- Deliver a high standard of individualised patient care, being sensitive to patients needs for respect, dignity and privacy
- Work with others to protect and promote the health and wellbeing of those in your care, their families and carers, and the wider community
- Access work emails when on shift and read relevant communications to enable good communication and an informed workforce.
- Contribute to ensuring that Care Standards are me within the ward area
- Demonstrate accountability for your own responsibilities yet accepting and taking ownerships of delegated responsibilities from senior members of the department when required
- Set, monitor and maintain agreed standards of nursing care in conjunction with other members of the team.
- Take responsibility for the assessment of care needs, the development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care.
- Deliver care in accordance with defined quality standards and in line with recommendations as laid down in the hospital plan.
- Maintain up-to-date nursing records, ensuring that confidentiality is respected.
- Maintain regular communication and cooperation with other departments in the clinic to ensure the best patient experience
- Provide information of incidents and accidents to staff, patients and visitors via the Datix web based system.
- Assist with the induction of new members of staff to the clinical area
0131 447 2340