To provide (in collaboration with the primary carers) a breast cancer support service to patients and their families/carers receiving treatment for breast cancer at Parkside Hospital and Parkside Oncology Clinic.
- In collaboration with the primary carers, assess the needs of breast cancer patients and their families/carers following referral from their consultant breast surgeon/ oncologist. Utilise this assessment to ascertain the level of input that the patient requires throughout their treatment.
- To work with a caseload of patients, their families and carers to establish effective partnerships whilst providing relevant support, education and information. Where appropriate provide access to counselling and psychological support.
- Liaise effectively with other hospitals, community and voluntary organisations to share information and knowledge in order to promote the continuous care of the patient with breast cancer, recognising opportunities to enhance care for this client group.
- Maintain an active involvement with breast patients undergoing chemotherapy and radiotherapy, offering support and advice.
- Attend and participate in the Breast MDT as relevant and necessary.
- Manage own workload effectively and be an active participant in the development of breast care services within Parkside Hospital and Cancer Centre London.
- Maintain effective liaison and communication with GP’s, hospitals and other relevant agencies to ensure continuity of care.
- Ensure effective communication with all hospital and community staff regarding all aspects of breast care in order to promote a high quality, cost effective service.
- Previous experience is essential
- Diploma or Degree in Healthcare related subject
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Visa sponsorship available
Competitive salary and benefits package that includes access to private healthcare cover after 1 years’ service and also a range of lifestyle and financial well-being benefits.
One of Aspen Healthcare’s values is “Investing in Excellence”. You can therefore expect us to develop your skills whilst working with us to deliver word-class healthcare.
Please click the blue “Apply now” button below to complete an online application form. Or please click the “Download application form” button to download the form and please email to Aisha.Nantanda@parkside-hospital.co.uk once completed.