We have an excellent opportunities for highly motivated Theatres Sister to join our team!
Here at Parkside Private Hospital, Wimbledon we have 4 Theatres, PACU, and Endoscopy room and a Sterile Services department (SSD). The operating department have been awarded the AfPP accreditation and Aspen Healthcare is the first in the UK to have achieved this standard which we are very proud of.
- Lead the team to deliver care that helps improve the health of the individual and wider community.
- Lead the team in demonstrating compassion through effective relationships based on empathy, respect and dignity
- Act as an advocate for safeguarding patients; demonstrate courage to speak up when there are concerns about care.
- Demonstrate commitment to improving care and the patient experience
- Contribute to quality improvement.
- Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
- Achieve agreed objectives and demonstrating Aspen values at all time.
- Respect the patient’s dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs.
- Maintain knowledge of Health and Safety at Work Act. Ensuring appropriate measures are taken in respect of Health and Safety for patients, relatives, visitors, hospital staff and contractors.
- Develop a strategy for peri-operative function and/or specialty service, including training and resource needs and implement an action plan to meet objectives.
- Assemble, check and prepare the appropriate anesthetic equipment, emergency drugs and consumables for a wide range of operative procedures incorporating various types of anaesthesia.
- Conduct mandatory patient safety checks in conjunction with the team and according to policy, including ‘pause’ prior to administration of regional anesthesia.
- Complete mandatory surgical checks prior to the start of the surgical procedure, during and pre wound closure in line with policy. Ensuring that all swab, instrument and needle counts are conducted and documented.
- Assemble, prepare and check the appropriate recovery equipment, consumables and drugs to ensure appropriate and safe care of the patient during immediate post-operative phase of care.
- The ability to coordinate the use of supplies and additional equipment during the immediate post- operative phase of care ensuring the equipment is used appropriately and safely.
- Assist the anesthetist during the immediate post-operative phase of care as and when required.
- Registered with the NMC/HPCP
- Relevant post registration courses appropriate to the post.
- Experience in Ophthalmology, ENT & MAX/FAX.
- Evidence of ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- Flexibility and adaptability to meet the changing needs of the business
- SFA/SCP qualification
- Previous experience working within an acute healthcare
- Visa sponsorship available
Competitive salary and benefits package that includes access to private healthcare cover after 1 years’ service and also a range of lifestyle and financial well-being benefits.
One of Aspen Healthcare’s values is “Investing in Excellence”. You can therefore expect us to develop your skills whilst working with us to deliver word-class healthcare.
Please click the blue “Apply now” button below to complete an online application form. Or please click the “Download application form” button to download the form and please email to Aisha.Nantanda@parkside-hospital.co.uk once completed.