Here at Parkside Private Hospital, Wimbledon we have 4 Theatres, PACU, and Endoscopy room and a Sterile Services department (SSD). The operating department have been awarded the AfPP accreditation and Aspen Healthcare is the first in the UK to have achieved this standard which we are very proud of.
- Lead the team to deliver care that helps improve the health of the individual and wider community.
- Lead the team in demonstrating compassion through effective relationships based on empathy, respect, and dignity.
- Develop own competence to deliver effective care and treatments through improving clinical/technical knowledge / skill, and expertise.
- Communicate appropriately with others involved in the care of the patient.
- Act as an advocate for safeguarding patients; demonstrate courage to speak up when there are concerns about care.
- Demonstrate commitment to improving care and the patient experience.
- Lead in the delivery of patient care, during a list or specified period of time.
- Ensure that patient safety checks are carried out in accordance with the policy and that all practitioners adhere to the policy.
- Contribute to quality improvement.
- Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self.
- Promote best evidence-based practice within own scope of practice.
- Apply legislation, policies, and procedures correctly.
- Achieve agreed objectives and always demonstrating Aspen values.
- Respect the patient’s dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs.
- Maintain knowledge of Health and Safety at Work Act. Ensuring appropriate measures are taken in respect of Health and Safety for patients, relatives, visitors, hospital staff and contractors.
- Develop a strategy for peri-operative function and/or specialty service, including training and resource needs and implement an action plan to meet objectives.
- Ensure that consumables and specialist equipment is available in advance of booked procedures.
- Assemble, check, and prepare the appropriate surgical equipment, instruments and consumables for a wide range of operative procedures.
- The ability to coordinate the use of the supplies and additional equipment during an operating list ensuring the equipment is used appropriately and safely.
- Conduct mandatory patient checks in accordance with policy, WHO Checklist and NPSA Five Steps to Surgical Safety.
- Monitor the patients’ conditions as relevant to role within peri-operative function taking appropriate action to manage any arising complications through contingency planning.
- Communicate appropriately with others in the multi-disciplinary team involved in the care of the patient.
- Monitor, order, receive and check stock and non-stock items including prosthesis, equipment/instruments and drugs as relevant to peri-operative function.
- Delivery of quality care within the CQC standards relevant to the department.
- Administer any drugs or fluids in accordance with the appropriate policy.
- Ensure any accidents or complaints are fully documented and that the appropriate senior manager is informed.
- Complete all written documentation in a timely manner and to an acceptable level.
- Actively contribute to changes in practice and policies when changes have arisen which may follow an audit, complaint, or newly issued guidance.
- Commitment to ensuring quality services are delivered to both internal & external stakeholders through continuous improvement activities.
- Compliance with Aspen Policies and Procedures relevant to this role, ensuring you are fully aware of your responsibilities within these policies.
- Demonstrate awareness of regulatory requirements, taking appropriate action to ensure these requirements are implemented and adhered to.
- Ensure compliance with all Infection Prevention and Control policies and procedures understanding your role in the prevention of infection in patients and staff.
- To be aware of your responsibilities in relation to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. To ensure you are aware of your responsibilities, supporting policies and undertake the appropriate level of training for your role.
- Participate in hospital cover / on-call rotas including weeknights and weekend shifts.
- Undertaking specific role related competencies and learning, ensuring 100% compliance of all relevant mandatory training within Aspen timescales.
- Manage complaints and issues of staff and consultants within the specialty, and report accordingly.
- Undertake audits where necessary.
- Provide cover for specialty lead in their absence.
- Assemble, check, and prepare the appropriate anesthetic equipment, emergency drugs and consumables for a wide range of operative procedures incorporating various types of anesthesia.
- Conduct mandatory patient safety checks in conjunction with the team and according to policy, including ‘pause’ prior to administration of regional anesthesia.
- Assist the Anesthetist throughout the perioperative phase of care.
- Assist the Anesthetist in monitoring the patient’s condition throughout the procedure, taking appropriate action to manage any arising complications through contingency planning.
- Lead and work as part of the operating team to provide safe quality care to the patient throughout the procedure.
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPCP;
- Relevant post registration courses appropriate to the post.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Evidence of ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required.
- Flexibility and adaptability to meet the changing needs of the business Excellent customer service skills
- Good computer skills at a level to meet the requirements of the position
- Significant post-registration experience within a high acuity
- Experience of customer care, including interacting with customers in challenging situations
- Previous experience working within an acute healthcare
- Previous experiencing managing and leading a clinical
Competitive salary and benefits package that includes access to private healthcare cover after 1 years’ service and also a range of lifestyle and financial well-being benefits.
One of Aspen Healthcare’s values is “Investing in Excellence”. You can therefore expect us to develop your skills whilst working with us to deliver word-class healthcare.
Please click the blue “Apply now” button below to complete an online application form. Or please click the “Download application form” button to download the form and please email to Aisha.Nantanda@parkside-hospital.co.uk once completed.