Full time - 37.5 hours a week
We have an exciting opportunity within our Outpatients team, at Parkside Hospital Wimbledon, for a Pre Assessment Manager. You will work alongside the Outpatients manager managing staff and resources of pre-assessment to pride a high quality and cost effective service.
- Always maintain a professional behaviour and promote a positive image
- To demonstrate clinical expertise in practice for at least 80% of time in own clinical area.
- To undertake all nursing procedures in accordance with Aspen policies and ensure that these procedures and policies are understood and adhered to by all staff, within own management responsibility.
- To actively participate in the development of relevant evidence based clinical guidelines/policies relating to speciality.
- To establish effective working relations with all members of the multi-disciplinary team to promote good communication and a multi-disciplinary approach to patient care.
- To ensure accurate and comprehensive nursing records are maintained using appropriate written and electronic documentation.
- To ensure that pre assessment information is appropriately handled as per pre assessment guidelines.
- To assist in collecting data and provide essential information in a timely and accurate manner when requested for e.g. audits or monitoring CQC standard.
- To be responsible for the day-to-day effective and efficient management of Pre assessment.
- To be responsible for activity planning and scheduling duty rotas, annual leave, study leave, monitoring absences and the use of Bank staff.
- To liaise with other hospital staff and departments to promote and maintain effective working relationships, ensuring high standards of care and service.
- To aid investigation of accidents, incidents, and complaints, implementing corrective actions where necessary, in consultation with the DONCS, Lead Nurse for Surgery and Quality and Risk Manager.
- Registered nurse
- ENB 998 or equivalent
- ENB 219 or equivalent in area of expertise.
- Clinical reasoning in physical assessment or equivalent POA training
- Expert specialist skills for the post.
- Knowledge of current advances and pathways of care relevant to Pre assessment
- To be aware of changes in NICE guidelines and their impact on pre assessment.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to negotiate and influence.
Competitive salary and benefits package that includes access to private healthcare cover after 1 years’ service and also a range of lifestyle and financial well-being benefits.
One of Aspen Healthcare’s values is “Investing in Excellence”. You can therefore expect us to develop your skills whilst working with us to deliver word-class healthcare.
Please click the blue “Apply now” button below to complete an online application form. Or please click the “Download application form” button to download the form and please email to email@example.com once completed.
0208 254 3445