This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Lymphoedema Therapist to lead and develop the Lymphoedema service at Parkside Hospital and Cancer Centre London. The service is on the cusp of a revolution in Lymphoedema care, working with some of the most eminent consultants in the field of Lymphoedema, oncology and Orthopaedics. With a team of highly skilled nurses, physiotherapists, occupational therapists and dieticians to support you, this is your opportunity to drive a change in the way private Lymphoedema Therapy is delivered in the UK.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, positive, driven and organised Lymphoedema Therapist to implement and deliver an existing business plan, but also to innovate and expand on the plan to help achieve our ambition of making Parkside Hospital and Cancer Centre London go to centre for Private Lymphoedema care in the UK. You will be heading up a small team of therapists with support from experienced healthcare managers to mentor and guide you with the process of developing the service. We need you to be an amazing clinician, who does not want to give up your patient contact, but also to enjoy service development, governance and encouraging and developing others.
• To efficiently and effectively assess and treat both in patients and out patients with a Lymphoedema presentation.
• To be an experienced member of the clinical team providing individualised holistic care to all patients within the service.
• To effectively communicate with patients, staff and Consultants.
• To offer specialist knowledge, expertise, advice and support to the patient and carer, other health care professionals and colleagues.
• To effectively manage your time.
• When required, book patient appointments for Lymphoedema Therapy appointments.
• To effectively place orders for stock and non-stock items as required for the day to day running of the service and also for specific patient needs.
• To have delegated responsibility for the development of the service. Responsible for ensuring completion of specific delegated projects within the Parkside Hospital business plan.
• To work with Colleagues, Consultants and Management in progressing development of the Lymphoedema service.
• To assume the role of educator, both formally and informally with regards to Lymphoedema and the treatment of Lymphoedema.
• Increase awareness of the Lymphoedema service in the local area.
The ideal candidate:
• You will be a State registered Physiotherapist with CSP registration, or Registered General Nurse with NMC registration,HCPC Registered Occupational Therapist with RCOT
• We are ideally looking for Lymphoedema Therapy Training
• You will have competencies achieved in wound management, measurement and fitting of compression garments
• Experience in prescribing and delivering intermittent pressure therapy
• Training in Manual Lymphatic Drainage Techniques
• Competitive Salary
• 33 days holiday to include bank holidays
• Excellent benefits package
If this sounds like your next career move, please apply online now or contact us directly for a full job description. We look forward to hearing from you.